Building a commercial strategy in Asia often requires to re-think the way to do business. Asia offers unique opportunities thanks to a high growth environment and a huge potential in various industries. However, a very specific positioning is necessary in order to set oneself apart: Customer reference, sales channel, product selling points, price positioning, purchase process … are all culturally sensitive.
Our team has an extensive knowledge of the local industry environment and business practises in Asia. We are helping our customers to understand the key local market requirements, adapt their product positioning, and select the best sales strategy.
- Market analysis: Identification of market segment fit, growth potential, competitive environment and product focus to penetrate the market.
- Target customer visits: Meetings with key local industrial players and potential customers allow to test, adapt and confirm the commercial strategy. Visits can be organised within an event such as trade show or technical seminar.
- Sales distributor and agent search: Identification and communication with potential sales partners that are best positioned to support the sales of your products in the area.
Business development requires a constant and time-consuming effort to generate maximum sales opportunity and transform them into sales revenue. In Asia, customer relationship management, sales negotiation process, speed of action, communication gap, and much more business-critical issues are all very specific and extremely different from the common practice in other parts of world. Managing these processes adequately are the most important factor of success for your local business.
Jinshang extensive local business experience, as well as its network of partners all around Asia, helps you to set-up, manage and follow-up a sales and marketing process well adapted to the local customs. Our qualified local staff have the capability to become your remote marketing, sales and support expert in Asia. This allows you to save that effort and avoid critical mistakes, so you can concentrate on your core business and operations.
- Sales and marketing management: Key account management, opportunity follow-up, sales negotiation, event participation, marketing campaign.
- Regional product support: Technical specification support, product demonstration, installation and maintenance, training at customer site.
- Distributor & Sales representative management: Management of a network of sales distributors and agents – Jinshang can also act as your regional distributor.
Localisation is necessary to sustain and further grow your business. It allows to offer a closer and better quality of support to your customers. In Asia, customer service is often more critical than the product quality itself: An excellent support is far more important to generate recurring business than an excellent product is with an average support. Talent hiring is necessary to allow building the right team and organisation locally, and this can become a big challenge, given the shortage of skilled and experienced resources in high-growth industry sectors.
Jinshang provides customised solutions that allow you to set-up a local structure in the most efficient manner. Our extensive network in several countries and industries allow us to select best fit structure and candidates to hire for your local entity. We can also manage the staff locally and ensure administration services so that you can stay focused on your main operations.
- Staff hiring and management: Local talent searching, hiring, administrative services and management.
- Representative office: Set-up and management of a local office. A representative office allows you to hire a local team to support your corporate business locally.
- Local branch or subsidiary: Set-up and management of a local branch. A branch office allows you to ensure local revenue, manage a stock and develop value-added activities like after-warranty services.
Growing and localising your business in Asia shall bring some more opportunities to expand further. Synergies with local industrial players and specific strategies of local investors, may help transform your company or local structure into a bigger industrial player and make you benefit from larger market opportunities.
Jinshang knowledge of the key local industrial and financial players allows to maximise your chances for a motivated, well adapted and high potential value partner.
- Search for financial or industrial partner: Identification of potential fits, contact with industrial partners and financial organisations.
- Deal negotiation: Support in business plan creation, company valuation and financial needs, negotiation with partner.
- Partnership set-up: Creation of a spin-off or Joint-Venture.